Friday, April 21, 2017

El Cerdo (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

In preparation of a very busy end of April, I decided to lay low for much of this week but that was before I woke up to this gorgeous picture posted by chef Simon Lynch, head chef of El Cerdo. I guess I can always use some delicious shellfish to brighten up a gloomy Friday.

A post shared by @simondlynch on

I have been here a few times already and each time I came out a very satisfied customer.



There it is, scallops, pork belly and sweetcorn in the a al carte menu.....



As usual, I went with their set menu which normally includes two tapas of my choice and a bowl of soup. Today it was cauliflower soup with a bit of olive oil. Solid start.



I love their chorizo tortilla and that's how I was starting off my lunch this afternoon. This was just perfect for a potato freak like me, with lots of potatoes in there. In between the egg and potato cubes, were savory chorizos and crab meat. Very very tasty and definitely one of my favorite tortilla in the city.



The second tapas was crispy pork belly served with a special honey aioli. It was done pretty nicely with the pork belly sporting a crispy crust on the outside while still a little moist inside. Not bad.



I promised myself to get my hands dirty with these seared scallops. The scallops, I thought, were a little smaller than I expected but they were pretty good. The sweet corn purée and Pedro Ximendez reduction did its part to complement the sweetness of the scallops making me a real happy camper.



From the set, I had a choice between dessert (churros) and tea (or coffee) and I wasted no time picking these freshly made churros. It was served with a chocolate dip.



Pretty yummy.....just wish they offered me a few more of these.....



And some good news about El Cerdo coming to Wanchai soon. That's great news for all the Spanish food lovers! Looks like in a few months, I don't have to venture all the way to Tsuen Wan West for my favorite tortilla...


A post shared by @simondlynch on

Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$
Address: G/F 77 Tai Pa Street, Tsuen Wan, NT, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsuen Wan West
Tel: +852 2882-3811


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think