Thursday, March 2, 2017

Plat du Jour Pacific Place (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Suddenly, I realized how much I have been missing French food since leaving for my Aussie trip 2 weeks ago so I thought I should check out Plat du Jour while I found myself in the neighourhood for a meeting.



Plat du Jour has been opened for a little over a year now and I was hoping that they've ironed out some of their issues from opening day



Oh, I love the French bistro vibe. It's a shame we don't have enough of these traditional French bistros in the city.



Instead of starting my meal with something a little more Frenchie like a beef tartare or escargot, I went with their Hokkaido king scallops. These were lightly grilled on both sides and finished with a parsnip puree, parsnip crisp and pomegranata. Pretty decent but I thought it was missing a nice, crisp crust.



The Berkshire pork chop I had last time was pretty good so expectation was high for this crispy pork belly with braised lentils, smoked walnuts and pear, endive salad. Sadly, it failed to live up to its lofty expectation with its slightly dry texture.



Dessert turned out to be the bright spot of the afternoon. The chocolate mousse cake was nice and soft with rich chocolate flavors working well with the ginger ice-cream. I had a number of lemongrass ice-cream before but ginger? It's probably my first time and it's surprisingly good to balance the richness of the chocolate cake while also working as a palate cleanser at the same time.



Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 007, LG1/F, Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Admiralty
Tel: +852 2715-0511
Website: www.facebook.com/PlatduJourHK/


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think