Friday, March 31, 2017

Bovini Steakhouse & Bar (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Work is about to get a lot busier starting in April so before things start to get ugly for me, I plan to treat myself to a nice dinner on the last day of March. Located in Tai Hang just a stone's throw from May Chow's Second Draft, Bovini Steakhouse & Bar is the newest addition to the buzzy district offering some really nice steaks as well as some of the other steakhouse favorites.

Starting things off was a basket of warm bread with herb butter. This tasted like it has just been fresh out of the oven. Not bad.



Classic Caesar salad - We went with the 3-course set for two and it came with a classic Caesar salad with croutons and crispy bacon. The romaine lettuce was crisp and I like the minimal seasoning without getting too cheesy.



Homemade crab cake with tartar sauce - I was really looking forward to this. The classic New Orleans style crab cake never fails to impress me. And look at that generous portion!



It came stuffed with loads of lump crab meat and a crispy crust. That was so good!



Wild mushroom soup - Our set came with two soups and the first to arrive was this wild mushroom soup which was rich and smooth. Very nice.



Lobster bisque - I was told their lobster bisque was one of the signature dishes here. Thought it had great depth of flavors and the cognac easily stood out but I liked the wild mushroom soup a little better.



Ossobuco risotto - Normally when we go to a steakhouse, a nice piece of steak would be the integral part of the meal but not tonight. I didn't want to get too stuffed so I went with their ossobuco risotto instead. This was just perfectly portioned for the two of us. The risotto was creamy and buttery with strong meaty flavors, which I found very irresistible. The ossobuco was soft and tender too. Not bad but there was no question that the risotto was the key here.



Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 128 Tung Lo Wan Road, Tai Hang, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tin Hau
Tel: +852 2886-9381


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think