Thursday, December 15, 2016

Slim's (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

Another hard fought battle is expected at our meeting this afternoon so right before that, it's time to fill up the tank. I was supposed to be visiting Samsen for lunch after hearing all the raving reviews from my friends but after receiving a warning that even Nicholas Tse was asked to wait in the line for almost an hour, I thought better of it and headed towards Pacific Place 3 instead.

To be brutally honest, Slim's was never in the conversation when we discussed about our lunch venue in the first place. But one thing led to another and here we were having some burgers at the American pub right next to PP3.



This looks a little dark even for a pub.



Porcini mushroom soup - This is now the official soup of the day for most western places in Wanchai. This is pretty standard stuff so nothing special to report here.



San Francisco crab burger ($98) - Crab burger sounded like an amazing thing to have for lunch today but it turned out to be just a piece of crispy crab cake with some mayo on top. I thought the crab cake was surprisingly decent with more crab meat than I have expected. Not a bad choice at all.



Pull pork burger ($98) - To the contrary, this was quite disappointing. The seasoning was way over the top with this one and I had to reach out for my coke everything I had a bite of this.



Thank goodness, my colleague and I were sharing half of these burgers together so I wasn't stuck with the pull pork burger.



Should have gone to Beef & Liberty coz at least I know I can count on their "The Notorious P.I.G."!

Food Rating: 3.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: No.1 Wing Fung Street, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2528-1661
Website: www.elgrande.com.hk/restaurant/slims


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think