Thursday, December 22, 2016

Mr and Mrs Burger (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

Tsuen Wan has quietly emerged as one of the city's hottest dining scenes in recent years and a pair of burger joints is leading the most recent surge. I'm talking about Mr and Mrs Burger and Burger Joy which have been making headlines since their respective openings in the past few months.



I decided to check out Mr and Mrs Burger this afternoon. Looks like they're trying to make things simple for us by offering just three types of burgers on their food menu (not counting the Christmas specials).



Mr and Mrs Burger Classic American Burger ($58) - I thought I couldn't go wrong by picking their namesake burger. Angus beef patty, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion and MRMS sauce, nothing that blows me out of the water so I was just expecting your average burger here. But sadly, it still didn't meet my humble expectation.

So where should I start? Well, let's start with the buns. Not nearly spongy enough. The lettuce wasn't crisp and the most devastating part was the beef patty. It was very bland as if it's never been seasoned nor put on the grill at all (no smokey flavors). The only thing that got a passing grade from me was the homemade MRMS sauce which was fairly rich and flavorful.



Food Rating: 3.5/10
Price: $$
Address: G/F, 77 Hoi Pa Street, Tsuen Wan, NT, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsuen Wan
Website: www.facebook.com/mrmsburger/


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think