Saturday, October 1, 2016

Thomas Trillion (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

Of course, I wasn't done after enjoying just a slice of cake at Tony Wong this morning. Not when I'm doing my annual visit to Kowloon City. So after collecting my pumpkin's birthday cake, I quickly slipped out of the shop and headed over to Thomas Trillion, my favorite pastry shop in the city.



For about 10 minutes, I looked like a kid watching his favorite toys from a toy store's window as I was waiting patiently to be served. My eyes glowing with much anticipation.

Smiley ($60) - At the end, I went with this one with passion fruit and almond sponge cake, mango, coconut mousse and passion fruit cream. I was initially afraid that the passion fruit would be too acidic but the staff here re-assured me that the only complaints she got about this one, was the fact that it's too sweet, not the other way around.

And special thanks to her for providing me a plate and some cutleries to work with so I was able to finish this right at the spot. You guess it right, I didn't want to share it with anyone else at home! 

I thought this was pretty nice. Like most of Thomas Trillion's creations, there's a good balance of sweetness and acidity in there. The coconut mousse was perfectly executed. Silky smooth and spot on textured. It's a shame it's only available during the summer. 



Food Rating: 7/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Shop No.3, G/F Man Kay Mansion, Nga Tsin Wai Road, Kowloon City, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: N/A
Tel: +852 2806-0332
Website: www.thomastrillion.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think