Sunday, October 9, 2016

HeSheEat Café Causeway Bay (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

It's been a while since I last visited HeSheEat Café, one of my favorite places for comfort food so while I was in Causeway Bay this afternoon, I decided to drop by for a quick one before starting my shopping spree. 



So glad to see my whipped cream back on my banana toffee milkshake ($45). But I'm missing my favorite chestnut milkshake which was taken off the menu last year, can I have that back too???



During my last visit, I had my first look at their watercress risotto with seared scallops and it was soooo good. But they took it off their summer menu (again!) so I had to settle for their creamy risotto with black truffle, portobello mushrooms and asparagus ($118) instead. This was seriously good too.



As a matter of fact, I like my black truffle risotto so much that I decided to double up on it, this time with grilled spring chicken ($128). The portion of risotto was a little lighter with this one but it came with a pair of tandoori chicken legs on top.

This was a bit of a mixed bag for me. While I like the truffled risotto a lot, I didn't see the connection with tandoori spiced chicken.

 

I was feeling a little adventurous this afternoon so I added a third dish, foie gras and softshell crab burger with homemade fries. This was the type of burger one would expect from Burgeroom but I thought HeSheEat's kitchen acquitted themselves pretty well with this dish. Good job (The fries did require some improvement.).



Of course, we weren't going away without desserts. Right from the start, mom wanted some crepes and this pandan crepes with mango, chocolate crumbs and coconut ice-cream made her a real happy camper.



I was looking for something a little lighter and this Japanese inspired green tea panna cotta was just perfect. On top of the panna cotta was red bean foam, green tea ice-cream and glutinous rice dumplings. If you're looking for something refreshing, you definitely can't go wrong with this one!







Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 201, 2/F Causeway Bay Place, 2-10 Great George Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Causeway Bay
Tel: +852 2868-2277


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think