Sunday, May 8, 2016

Seafood Room (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

For the second time this week, I found myself at one of the hottest restaurants in town, Seafood Room. Only this time I am with my little nugget and his mom for my Mother's Day doubleheader.



It's a bit of a peculiar choice for Mother's Day celebration considering that this is more of a hipster bar than a formal restaurant.




But tonight we got the best seat in the house and looking at this incredible harbour view, I knew I made the right call.



When it comes to seafood, I always believe in "less is more". As long as the ingredients are fresh, there's no point of adding too much seasoning into the equation.



I thought they had a pretty good octopus carpaccio last time I was here but I wanted to try something different this time. The langoustine carpaccio with rocket leaves, lemon and lime dressing ($280) fits the bill nicely. Pretty decent stuff.



More successful was the next starter, sea urchin with ponzu and shiso leaf. And the raw quail egg yolk made it so rich and tasty. Yum~



I decided to go back to the well with this beetroot salad. Can't go wrong with this choice since we love beetroot and endive so much. Tonight, it didn't have the same amount of feta cheese, which was slightly disappointing.



For the second time in a roll, I am ordering this Alaskan king crab and wasabi gratin ($495) as my final dish. Again, it was very meaty. I love the flavors from the wasabi providing something extra to go with the sweetness of the crab meat. That was nicely done.



After weeks of heavy rain, finally we can enjoy a streak of fine weather and look at this beautiful sunset. Well, can't enjoy it for too long coz it's time to change diapers now!








Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: 26/F, Tower 535, 535 Jaffe Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Causeway Bay
Tel: +852 3708-9668
Website: www.seafoodroom.hk



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think