Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Open Kitchen (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

It's been a while since I last heard the term "cronut" in Hong Kong up until this afternoon, when I came across one. Honestly, I was a bit surprised to see them at Open Kitchen at IFC, a bakery café under Maxim's of all places so out of curiosity, I decided to grab one home.  

Well, I guess I let it warm up for a bit too long and as a result, the caramel glaze seemed to have melt considerably. But nevertheless, the texture was near perfect and one could easily taste both sides of the world - croissant's wonderful texture and doughnut's rich flavor. My only complaint was perhaps on the caramel glaze. It tasted a bit like the sauce on a sticky date pudding, way too rich and overpowering. I would much prefer something much subtle, maybe early grey?




Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 1081, 1/F, IFC, 1 Harbour View Street, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2234-7356
Website: www.maxconcepts.com.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think