Saturday, May 21, 2016

Nakamura Tokichi (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Friends who know me, know that I have never been much of a fan of matcha desserts. That pretty much explains why it took me so long to pay the ever-popular Nakamura Tokichi (中村藤吉) a visit. 

Nakamura Tokichi has been a highly successful story ever since the storied franchise arrived from Kyoto a few years ago. But this is a really weird time we picked for our first visit. With their salon at The One recently closed down and their new one still under renovation at the Mira Mall (opens in mid June), all we could afford was a visit to their temporary take-out counter across the street from the Mira Mall.



Finally, one for my Instagram.....



This comes with a mix of matcha and hojicha soft serve, a pair of Japanese dango, azuki bean paste and puffed rice. I like the hojicha flavor there to balance out the bitterness of the matcha and the bed of puff rice for the crunchy texture. Pretty nice stuff.




It was good to finally check this one off my to-do list. Now I look forward the opening of their new salon soon.


Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop G06, G/F, Mira Mall, 118 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852& 2426-6111


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think