Friday, May 27, 2016

Jerry Maguire Cocktails and Desserts (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I'm taking a rare Friday afternoon off to do some shopping for our home. I must admit, I enjoy shopping on a Friday a lot more than a typical weekend especially when we're talking about a buzzy district like Causeway Bay. After walking around the area under the heat for a few hours, I finally decided to throw in the white towel. Yeah, I badly needed a place to sit down and cool off. Looks like it's the perfect time to check out Jerry Maguire Cocktails and Desserts, which has recently soft opened on Lan Fong Street.   



Mixing desserts with cocktails seems to be the hippest thing in town these days. If you're looking for prime examples, look no further than VEA Lounge and Cobo House by 2am who have been very successful in implementing this approach. Jerry Maguire, a small cafe, cocktail bar and dessert bar all under the same roof, is also following in their footsteps.



Their signature dessert mocktail, Alice the Wonderland, kicked things off for me in dramatic fashion. This looks amazingly nice. Mint leaf, pineapple juice, elderflower and magic mushroom candy combined to deliver quite a cleansing and refreshing experience for someone who's badly dehydrated (Me).



Raspberry Tea Party featuring raspberry infused Earl Grey tea was supposed to be my second drink (or dessert mocktail) of the afternoon but our waitress came back and said they ran out of a certain ingredient while preparing this.

So I went back and forth with the drink menu. There were just 6 selections available so it's not like it will take me forever to make a decision. But our waitress was kind of losing patience and just wanted to get this over with.

At the end, I took her advice and ordered Sage Bubble as a replacement. This was one of the most regretful decision I've made recently. Sage leaf, lemon, elderflower and sprite were the primary ingredients in this one and quite honestly, it tasted like a normal sprite with lemon. A lot of acidity and I can't believe I'm paying $68 for this!



I'm guessing that they haven't got their alcohol license and that's why there're no dessert cocktails on their menu yet. Just dessert mocktails at the moment.



Their dessert collections are supposed to be amazing but after reading through the menu, I really couldn't find anything exciting there.



I mean, all these painting-like desserts (think ATUM) look great and are definitely Instagram worthy especially for the ladies, but they do very little for my taste buds. So generally, I don't eat them unless it's made by Chef Vicky from VEA. That's a different story.



Snack menu in case you're wondering what's available...



Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: G/F, 23 Lan Fong Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Causeway Bay
Tel: +852 2881-5008
Website: www.jerrymaguire.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think