Thursday, May 26, 2016

Fine Foods (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

After dinner at K11, I decided to take a slow walk to Tsim Sha Tsui East with the intention of checking Fine Foods out for some sweet treats at mid-night. It's almost 8:30pm by the time that I swing their door open but luckily, they don't close until 9pm these days.



Fig and passion fruit mousse cake ($45) - My second time having this cake already but it's way too long ago so I couldn't recall the results. This was surprisingly bland with the passion fruit totally missing in action. If it's any consolation, I did like the caramelized fig on top.



Rose and raspberry cake ($48) - It would be a little too sweet for most people but not me who has a really "rotten sweet tooth". The acidity from the raspberry was very nice and there's enough sweetness from what I thought was white chocolate to balance it out. The rose flavor was subtle yet very sharp. If you're into sweeter things in life, go ahead and give this one a go!



Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Lobby Level, The Royal Garden, 69 Mody Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui East
Tel: +852 2733-2045
Website: theroyalgardenhotel.com.hk/index.asp


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think