Thursday, February 11, 2016

Frites Belgium On Tap at Brim28 Wanchai (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

My best friend was visiting from LA with his one-year old son and he was throwing his adorable kid a huge party in Wanchai this evening. After picking the birthday cake and personally delivered it to the hotel myself, I hang around the area before receiving a call from my buddy V who also happened to be going to the party that night. Either of us got anything to do between then and the banquet so we decided to hook up for a happy hour drink at Brim 28.

It's been nearly 3 months since V and I last met at Fish School for dinner so we got a lot to talk about. I thought it would be good to get our adrenaline going by visiting Frites Belgium On Tap for some Belgian beer right before the banquet. 



But I didn't want to get drunk this early (It was around 5:30pm only ) so I ended up having this coco colada instead and it turned out to be a wise decision.



I was feeling a little hungry all of a sudden and after spotting my neighbor with a nice plate of fish and frites, I had a crave for one too. It took a while for the kitchen to get it ready but finally it's ready to be served.

For a place better known for its beer, they've surprised me with this delicious fish and frites ($195). Very nice texture coming from the New Zealand hake fillets and the crunchy beer batter was equal to the task as well. The results are much much better than last time when we were at their Sheung Wan branch.



Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 6, 1/F Causeway Centre, 28 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2877-2422
Website: www.conceptcreations.hk/frites/frites-wan-chai/


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think