Saturday, November 21, 2015

Stacks Ice Cream (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Ever since my visit to Elephant Grounds' pop-up at The Upper House last week, I've been craving for some more ice-cream sandwich and I was relieved that I finally got the chance to stop my craving at Stacks this afternoon. Local actor Alan Wan (溫家偉) reportedly invested a seven-figure sum on the opening of Stacks Ice-Cream and following months of preparation, it was finally ready for prime time about 4 months ago.



This homemade ice cream sandwich shop has been an instant hit since its opening.



You can choose between 6 different flavors of homemade ice-cream ($38-$48) as well as 4 types of cookies. If you're feeling a little more adventurous, they're also offering these mini pineapple buns to go with your scoop of ice-cream.



I am a sucker for Thai milk tea so when I saw their new "Thai milk tea" flavor, I decided to jump all over it. There're a number of toppings (additional $2) available including sprinkles, marshmallows, caramel, oreo and chocolate chips and I ended up taking the marshmallows. The texture of the marshmallows was a nice complement to the Thai milk tea ice-cream and cookies. Excellent choice~



This is slightly better than my ice-cream sandwich at the Elephant Grounds' pop-up but that was mainly due to the lack of choices there (only 1 flavor available there).

Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 11, Paradise Square, 3 Kwong Wa Street, Mong Kok, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Yau Ma Tei 
Tel: +852 3549-8038
Website: www.facebook.com/Stacks-Ice-Cream-680139558785251/


 

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think