Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Petit Deli (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Petit Deli is an inspiring little Italian deli across the street from the K11 shopping arcade. For the past few months, I've read a lot of good things about it from some of the online reviews but as usual, I was taking it with a grain of salt. But I was getting a little curious. So as soon as a number of my close friends started endorsing this place, I decided to drop by for a quick one before meeting my hair stylist this evening.



This is an area in desperate need of a cozy Italian deli like this. 



Many restaurants have already switched to electronic menus the last couple of years but I was a little surprised that such a small deli like this one also followed the trend considering the investment cost. That's a very good move though. All the Italian dishes were looking good on that color screen.



I didn't have a lot of time to spend on this dinner so skipping appetizer and going straight to my pasta sounded like a brilliant idea. This homemade fettuccine with tiger prawn, mixed peppers, cherry tomatoes, garlic and cheese was pretty decent actually. The whole thing was tossed in a light tomato sauce which was perhaps a little too light for my liking. Still I thought it was a fairly pleasant dish.



It was an honest effort from a young kitchen that will only get better with time. I was especially impressed with the service from the young team of waiting staff, who was very attentive from the moment I stepped through those doors.

Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 2 Hanoi Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: East Tsim Sha Tsui / Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2739-0728


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think