Sunday, November 29, 2015

Lady M Harbour City (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

A few months ago, Lady M, one of the most celebrated patisseries in New York, took Hong Kong by storm when they opened their first local outlet at the Harbour City. After numerous attempts to line up for my take-away mille crêpes failed during their first week of opening, I followed up my effort and finally got my first taste of their signature cakes a few weeks later.

It's been already 4 months since my first visit so this return visit is really long overdue. 



I hate lining up for cakes especially in the middle of a busy shopping mall right next to a car show. This is a pretty long lineup they've got here so I figure it's going to take at least 15 minutes for my turn.



So where's my Earl Grey Mille Crêpes?



At the end, I decided to order almost exactly the same trio I had last time. These two mille crêpes (original and green tea) are probably as good as it gets when it comes to mille crêpe cakes. Sure, there are some pretenders out there but no one could beat the soft and airy texture of these mille crêpes. And it definitely tasted like there're a thousand layers in there (mille crêpes literally translates into "thousand layered crepe cake." in case you didn't already know.).



I'm taking a flyer on their Gâteau Nuage ($68) only because I overheard their counter staff talking to a customer and telling her it's an award-winning cheesecake in NYC. Personally, I am not a huge fan of cheesecake and this was an exception, an outlier from most cheesecakes in the sense that it's a lot softer and very creamy. Still I thought it'll be a little heavy if I was going to take on the whole thing all by myself.



I'll be back for my Earl Grey Mille Crêpes!

Food Rating: 7/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Shop OT 215K, 2/F, Ocean Terminal, Harbour City, 17 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2873-2356
Website: www.facebook.com/ladymhongkong


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think