Sunday, November 29, 2015

Alma Portuguese Grill (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Like most of my "normal" weekends, I found myself snoozing in bed till almost noon hour so unsurprisingly when I did manage to arrive at the podium of Harbour City this afternoon, it was already 2:20pm. My first choice for lunch was supposed to be the newly opened Alma Portuguese Grill from the Drawing Room Concepts but too bad it was a bit late and they were no longer taking customers in for lunch.  



Wait, they have got this small counter at the corner for their pastel de nata (or Portuguese custard tarts). 



$13 a piece was a little steep but it's one of the best pastel de nata I've had here in Hong Kong. The custard was a little runny and noticeably sweeter than most ones in Hong Kong while the crust was slightly more flaky and buttery. Very delicious indeed. 



That's a gorgeous view of the harbour from the window seats. I gotta come back some other time for this.



(Note: the food rating was strictly based on the pastel de nata only.)

Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop OT310, 3/F, Ocean Terminal, Harbour City, 17 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 3188-3668
Website: www.alma.com.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think