Saturday, August 22, 2015

Patisserie Uriwari 瓜破 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

After a short afternoon tea with my cousin, I hovered over to Kwai Hing to pick up a birthday cake I have pre-ordered from Patisserie Uriwari (瓜破). This is the third time I am dealing with the folks from Patisserie Uriwari and once again I decided to pick a different flavor to fulfill my curiosity.

I have to say, after trying "M" and Saki (咲) on my previous 2 attempts, I have mixed feeling about this place. It's been heaven (Saki 咲) and earth ("M") so far. This time around, I picked this one called Shin (真), with chestnut cream, rum chocolate mousse and some real chestnut chunks since the birthday boy is a fan of chestnut.



But unfortunately that didn't work very well for me. The rum chocolate mousse was just way too strong for the chestnut cream so all I could ever taste was chocolate flavors with a hint of rum and where's the chestnut? It was nowhere to be found.







Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: Room 1408, Block C, Wah Tat Industrial Center, 8-10 Wah Sing Street, Kwai Chung, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2135-6705
Website: www.uriwari.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think