Saturday, August 8, 2015

Myung Ga Korean Restaurant (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I forgot when I started falling in love with all the Korean stuff (TV shows, fashion, music etc.) but despite that love affair, I probably won't be much of a Korean food lover as long as I live. That part I am damn sure.

But I was put to another test this afternoon by someone who's crazy about anything that is Korean. I have been to Myung Ga Korean Restaurant (名家韓國餐廳) on a number of occasions but it's my first time visiting their Causeway Bay location. And what a pleasant surprise, this location was so well-lit and airy. I love the atmosphere here. 



We didn't have an advance booking so quickly we kissed those window seats with harbour view good-bye and moved on.



Myung Ga has always given me an impression that they're an expensive Korean barbecue house. As a matter of fact, every time I was here, I only did Korean barbecue but nothing more so this was a good change of pace for me.

I had one of the lunch sets ($125) consisting of Korean-style braised short ribs with turnips and carrots plus a drink. After examining the portion of that dish, I almost fell off my chair in disbelief. It's HUGE!



I must say, those braised short ribs were very very good. Very tender and juicy as if they've been slow cooked for hours. And of course, it helped to be cooked with a rich and flavorful sweet soy sauce like that. Even the turnips and carrots tasted awfully good with the perfect texture. That's an eye opener for me.

Still not a Korean food lover but perhaps maybe, just maybe one day.....

Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 1301, 13/F, World Trade Centre, 280 Gloucester Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Causeway Bay
Website: www.myungga.com.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think