Wednesday, August 5, 2015

La Crêperie (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I was tempted to walk in here when I was attending to some personal business in Sheung Wan last month but crêpes for lunch? I probably needed about 3 of those to keep myself full so that was a pass for me. 



But this time things were a little different. It's about 5pm in the afternoon and the afternoon tea set ($68 including tea or coffee, not bad) sounded about right for me.



Le Defi - I saw this one on a couple of websites including HK Magazine and thought I had to give it a try at some point. Caramel ice-cream, caramelized bananas and salted butter caramel. That was very fulfilling especially if you're into sweeter things in life like me.



La Complete/La Bigoudene - But for someone who wasn't particularly interested in a sweet afternoon, perhaps a savory crêpe with cheese, ham, egg and salad would be a better route to take. 



I wasn't in the mood for tea or coffee so I added $10 to have a bowl of French apple juice. That was just alright but was it worth the $10 upgrade? I didn't think so.




Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 69 Jervois Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Sheung Wan
Website: www.facebook.com/lacreperiehk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think