Sunday, August 30, 2015

Jamie's Italian at Harbour City (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Having arrived here at Jamie's Italian at around 4:45pm, I am still trying to figure out whether this is going to be afternoon tea or early dinner for me.



This is just my second time here but I pretty much know all about their all-day menu by now.



 
Portobello mushroom fritti ($68) - Crispy breadcrumbed portobello mushrooms and garlicky mayo. My second time ordering this appetizer. Just love those bread crumbs to go with the sliced portobello mushroom. Best way to start your meal here.




Chicken Caesar salad ($148) - Crispy chicken breast and thigh, green salad and crunchy croutons in a creamy lemony dressing. I always enjoy Jamie Oliver's salads and they have a pretty good one here in their chicken Caesar. The romaine lettuce was so sweet and refreshing. My only complaint was the lemony dressing being a little bit too strong.




Mussel and squid spaghetti Nero ($108) - Squid-ink pasta, flash-fried squid and mussels with slow-cooked, tender octopus, capers, anchovies, tomatoes and white wine. You can't possibly claim to have eaten here without trying one of their signature pastas out. Mom decided to take on the squid-ink spaghetti. Slightly overrated she said.




Wild Truffle Risotto ($88) - Finely minced black winter truffle with butter and parmesan. First time I had their risotto and thought it was pretty nice. Lovely fragrance coming from the truffles, butter and parmesan there. 




For anyone that reads this blog, you know what I am going to say about Jamie's Italian's dessert. Boring, uninspiring and difficult to choose from....so I decided to just head over to Dalloyau instead.

Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 412, Level 4, Ocean Centre, Harbour City, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 3758-3333
Website: www.jamieoliver.com/italian/hongkong


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think