Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Hello Kitty Le Petit Café (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I thought I have seen the last of the "Kitty" a couple of months ago at the Hello Kitty Chinese Restaurant but it creeped up on me again this evening. OK, I am talking about the new Hello Kitty Le Petit Café on Hart Avenue in Tsim Sha Tsui.




As I've already confessed, I am not a fan of the Kitty but someone I know is a huge fan and so I decided to check out the little café for her.




Although ice-cream and macarons are their biggest sellers at the moment, the only thing I am interested in trying was their pastry, which didn't look too promising at all.




But I did end up getting two of them just to satisfy my curiosity. 

The mango mousse cake ($68) with a simple sponge was alright. Nothing really to write home about.



I thought more successful was this green apple cheesecake ($48) with cream cheese, apple compote and a layer of green apple gel on the outside. Pretty refreshing although definitely not the same quality as ones coming from the big boys such as Passion by Gérard Dubois.



Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 1, G/F, 2A Hart Avenue, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui East
Tel: +852 2320-6808


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think