Monday, December 15, 2014

Via Tokyo (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Via Tokyo was a huge success story in 2013 proving once again that size really didn't matter. The tiny 20-seat dessert café in Causeway Bay is highly touted for its matcha-centric menu and quickly becomes a fan favorite for matcha lovers.

 

This is really the first time that I am seeing empty seats here. Well, it's still early (6:15pm on a Monday).



I was supposed to be here for their new Uji matcha mille feuille which is freshly made to order but too bad I was a little pressed for time. Instead I went with their signature mix cone with original and Uji matcha soft serve.

The ice-cream was rich and velvety but I was expecting a little stronger matcha flavor. I will probably pick the mix cone at Sweets House Cha Cha over this one.



Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 1A-1B, G/F, Leishun Court, 106-126 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Causeway Bay
Tel: +852 2895-1116
Website: ja-jp.facebook.com/viatokyocafe


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think