Saturday, December 27, 2014

Pierre Hermé (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

Anyone who has read this blog knows I am a huge fan of Pierre Hermé. It's been a while since I last heard from the picasso of pastry now so I decided to pay his boutique a visit after lunch at Duddell's.



Sadly, there wasn't much I haven't tried here. I was hoping that they would start carrying some of PH's signature pastries such as the Tarte Infiniment Vanille but I guess that's just wishful thinking at this point in time.



But of course I won't be going away empty handed.




There's only one flavor I haven't tried from this box - Macaron Eglantine, Figue & Foie Gras which is Wild rose hip and fig cream with foie gras in a nutshell.

I am sorry, Mr. Picasso. Didn't like this one. I thought the fig cream was simply too overpowering.



The white truffle with Piedmont hazelnut, still one of the best in Pierre Hermé's all-time collection and one of the best in the business.



I had this olive and vanilla flavor when I was in Paris 3 months ago. It was a beauty (probably as good as the salted caramel and pistachio, if not better.).



Mr. Picasso, so when are we getting your pastries in Hong Kong? Let's set a timetable, shall we?


Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Shop 1019C, IFC Mall, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Hong Kong Station
Tel: +852 2833-5700

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think