Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Beef & Liberty (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

My morning meeting ended a little earlier than expected. Perhaps I can enjoy an early lunch at Star Street? Burgers at Beef & Liberty sound like the perfect plan.



I like this idea of having the menu shown on a TV right next to the elevator. Saving me a great deal of time.




I am thinking about the words to describe the decor of the restaurant. Well, it has a little bit of New York diner with a Texas twist?
 


High stool chairs at the other end in case you are coming solo.



Beef & Liberty offers different lunch sets starting at around $130 that include a burger, fries and drink. But I found out in a hurry that the choices for all three are limited for the sets so I quickly went for the a la carte menu. 

Meet my classic burger ($92) with beef, butter lettuce, tomato and red onion.



The beef patty was juicy enough but not quite as flavorful as I originally thought (4/10).




The supporting cast came through though starting with the sweet potato fries ($32) served with mixed herbs. Delightful (6.5/10).



A burger meal is never complete with a milkshake and they have a wide variety of choices here when it comes to milkshakes (even some alcoholic ones are available). I had a vanilla milkshake ($68) and it was awesome (6.5/10).




I thought the burger was not nearly as good as the ones at Triple O or The Chop House but the sweet potato fries and vanilla shake were both excellent.


Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Star Street Precinct, 2/F, 23 Wing Fung Street, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2811-3009
Website: www.beef-liberty.com/hk/


 

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think