Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Dalloyau (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I can't believe this - I am actually coming back so quickly but the opera cake and Dalloyau we tried last time were just too good for me not to come back for more.



Their cafe has officially opened last week for afternoon tea and the reviews had been good so far.



 Let's see what to bring home this time. I am leaning towards getting something different.



The staff recommended this Echiquier to me - multiple layers of hazelnut dacquoise, dark chocolate mousse, white chocolate mousse and milk chocolate mousse.

While I like the chess board design, it tasted a little one-dimensional. Too much chocolate and the dark chocolate mousse was particularly overpowering.



Religieuse Exotique with choux pastry, passion and mango cream and exotic glaze was next.

We had a similar pastry at Japan's Ladurée a while ago and that one was much better.

Didn't like the passion and mango cream at all - it was a little too artificial and the pastry was not fluffy enough.



Not what I had in mind. The opera and Dalloyau were so much better! I am going to try their mille-feuille vanille and paris brest next time.


Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$$$
Address: Shop 403, 4/F, Ocean Centre, Harbour City, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 3185-8330
Website: www.dalloyau.fr/nos-boutiques/chine/tsim-sha-tsui


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think