Thursday, March 27, 2014

COCO (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

We are so blessed to be living in Hong Kong where good French pâtisserie is never in short supply.

After meeting a friend from Canada for an early-bird brunch, I found myself wandering around the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui where I suddenly spotted the Mira Hotel. Like any typical pastry lover, the artisan confections of COCO immediately came across my mind.



Following a large-scale makeover in 2012, The Mira Hotel has looked as good as ever. The makeover has also rejuvenated COCO turning this lobby lounge into a stylish café-patisserie. 

These days, the café-patisserie continues to offer upscale designer cakes, coffee and artisan pastries in a trendy ambience.



My pick of the day was their Aux Marrons, a chestnut mousse cake with layered pistachio sponge, dried fruits compote and walnut dacquoise. 

I thought the texture was excellent but the taste was a tad too sweet for my liking. I'd also like to see them do a little better job with the pistachio sponge such that it works better with the chestnut mousse.





Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, The Mira Hong Kong, 118 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2315-5566
Website: www.themirahotel.com/zh-hant/portfolios/coco/


 
View Larger Map

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think