Monday, January 20, 2014

Petite Amanda (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I am not a cronut franatic. At least not yet. But ever since I laid hands on my first cronut in New York three months ago, it has left an everlasting impression on me.

Surprisingly these "Half Croissant, Half Donut" cronuts did not take Hong Kong by storm like they did in New York. As of now, there are only a few local pastry shops carrying this product. After doing some online research, all reports seem to point to one single direction - Petite Amanda.




Here, they simply call these the "Croissant Donuts". It comes in three different flavors - plain, chocolate and raspberry.


These were pretty good but slightly too crispy and flaky. Also I thought the taste was a little too buttery for my liking.

Next stop for my search of the perfect cronut - the Mandarin Cake Shop.


Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 2096 on Podium level 2 IFC mall, 8 Finance Street, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Hong Kong 
Tel:+852 2234-7222  
Website: www.petiteamanda.com



View Larger Map

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think