Monday, July 1, 2013

FINDS (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

When the elevator door slipped open, executive chef Jaakko Sorsa was waiting to greet me with open arms. I didn't expect that. Well, it turned out that he was just walking past the elevator but he did offer me a wonderful smile.

FINDS (Finland, Iceland, Norway, Denmark & Sweden in case you are wondering) has always been my favorite Nordic restaurant in the city. Okay, it's the only one here but it's very good. I like the great vibe and the cuisine always offers good value for money. But the old nemesis remains its service - cold like the Scandinavian weather in the winter.



Today is the July-1st holiday and I find myself wandering on the streets without a plan. But once we saw The Luxe Manor hotel in the horizon, I knew where I would be heading for lunch.

A refreshing start from my appetizer was exactly what I was looking for. That came in the form of a black truffle-camembert cheese mousse served with avocado and tomato salsa, rocket, balsamico in a pistachio dressing. If you like your salad with a little extra flavor, this would certainly fit your bills.



This was the first time I tried Chef Jaakko's roasted pork belly and it was a pleasant suprise for me. It was melt-in-your-mouth good. Add red cabbage puree, apple chutney, pickled fennel, baby spinach and tarragon sauce, and I got myself a really enjoyable dish.




This looks a little French, doesn't it? Pear poached in white wine and that's exactly what I was having for dessert. Hazelnut and espresso mousse, almond crumble and some meringues rounded this out. I thought this was the weakest link of this meal.



Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: The Luxe Manor 1/F, 39 Kimberley Road
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2522-9318
Website: www.finds.com.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think