Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Linguini Fini (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

Linguini Fini had been one of my favorite Italian restaurants in Hong Kong until this recent visit. The service was spotty the moment I stepped into the dining room. It has gotten to a point where even the manager noticed something was going terribly wrong out there and she had to call some servers over to give them an earful. 



Back to the food here for a moment. My personal favorite at Linguini Fini has always been their 8-hour tripe served with beef and pork, pancetta and tomato but they dealt me a huge blow by taking it out of their regular menu!



While I was taking a moment of silence to gather myself, the server finally passed me a copy of their lunch menu. HK$118 for a lunch set including salad (or soup) and main course. Not bad for a restaurant of this caliber.



The bread basket in a vintage style tin container, that still brought a smile to my face. 



For starter, I had the garden green and it had way too much vinegar in it.



The spaghetti tossed in a rich tomato sauce was much better. 



I was quite disappointed with what they had to offer for lunch. Don't waste your lunch time. Come for dinner instead.


Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$
Address: 1/F, The L Place, 139 Queen's Road, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central / Hong Kong Station
Tel: +852 2857-1333
Website: www.linguinifini.com 



View Larger Map

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think