Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Nikolaevsky Palace (Saint Petersburg, RUSSIA) ★☆☆☆☆

This is our second night in Saint Petersburg and after a long and eventful day, we're heading towards the Nikolaevsky Palace (Grand Duke Nicholas' Palace) for dinner. This beautiful architecture, built back in 1800's, is now a concert and exhibition hall.



It is truly an amazing piece of history that is enormous in size. In fact, after leaving the dining hall for the washrooms, I couldn't find my way back! That's how big it is!!!



I'm definitely keeping this dinner menu for my memory......



This is the main reason we came here for - their famous folk show.



Dinner was included in the package and we started things off with a simple potato salad and a couple pieces of smoked chicken.  



A traditional borscht, this one without beetroot.



It's just a touristy thing to have crepes with caviar on the menu.



For my main dish, I had this rubbery pork fillet on a bed of mashed potatoes. I probably need more than a knife to cut through these babies.



This is the typical of food you expect from a cafeteria but then again we're not here for the food!




Food Rating: 2.5/10
Price: €€€
Address: пл. Труда, 4, St Petersburg, Russia, 190098
Tel: +7 812 571-9304


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think