Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sirocco (Bangkok, THAILAND) ★★★★☆

It's been almost a year since I last visited Sirocco. I thought I would never return for a second time but the stunning view lured me back. This time around, I am bringing 3 others along with me and all 4 of us concurred that this view is truly jaw-dropping.



We arrived well ahead of schedule and that allowed us to have sufficient time to take photos from different angles before it got dark.



Alright, it's dark now. Time to feed our belly.



It's quite apparent that I didn't come back for the food here. It was pretty bad last time around so I was hoping that they have already changed their head chef by now.

But early indication was that nothing has changed. Lobster and foie gras terrine were not much of a match in heaven. That was absolutely brutal.



The rest of the dishes proved to be a huge improvement (comparing to last time). The lamb and scallops were particularly good.



Penne tossed in a spicy tomato sauce - add that to the list of "plus" dishes. Definitely a thumbs-up for me.




Food Rating: 5/10
Price: ฿฿฿฿
Address: State Tower 63th Floor The Dome at Lebua, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
Closest BTS Station: Saphan Taksin
Tel: +66 2 624 9555
Website: www.lebua.com/sirocco


 

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think